About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Valorie. I have a Master's Degree in History and a license to teach-- I have been both university professor and public school teacher. Currently, I am a middle school social studies teacher. I love horror movies and spooky things. Every day is Halloween. I am also a passionate book blogger.

Featured Post

Book Review: 23:27 by H.L. Roberts

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Book Review: Submission (Devitations, #1) By Chris Owen & Jodi Payne



Title: Submission
Series: Deviations
Book Number: 1
Author(s): Chris Owen & Jodi Payne 
Genre: Fiction- Erotica
Finished: July 4, 2008

Tobias is a Dom and Noah is a submissive with a rocky past that has made his submission all the more of a test for both him and Tobias. They draw closer together as they test Noah's limits, working through his fears, deepening their relationship and their love for each other through Domination towards the ultimate submission.I like what this does for the BDSM scene. Submission shows that even in a BDSM relationship, there is romance and affection. So many people are under the (false) impression that BDSM is about cruelty and slavery when that's just not so. The book moved fast but not too fast. The characters were well developed, as well; I didn't leave the book feeling as if I lacked an understanding of the characters. What's more, I liked them and I was rooting for it to work. Submission focuses on the submissive, Noah and how he and his new Dom, Tobias, work through Noah's trust issues to bring him to the ultimate state of slavery. It was very hot but also very emotional. Definitely a good read for anyone who likes gay erotica with an edge. This isn't about light spanking and handcuffs, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment